With the year quickly ending and 2016 around the corner it is time to take the year in review and start thinking about future goals. One goal that is always almost at the top of the list is a healthier diet and a more toned Physique. Here are a few New Years’ tips to help you reach your goals!
- Grab a partner! Getting a partner to help keep you motivated and accountable can be one of the best tools to keep you on track. Even if your partner is at different fitness level or has a different goal set, they can help make exercising more enjoyable and thus making you more likely to keep up your routine. Also a little food for thought: Strong & long-standing interpersonal relationships (friendship) have a significant effect on the longevity and life of an individual; friendship = long-life & health!
- Get away from screens! No really, Step Away! Besides making the body sedentary while being bad for the eye & posture, screens (smart phones, tablets and television) can prevent you from organic conversation, developing friendships and can easily become the crutch of procrastination.
- Take a walk! Got 15 minutes? Take a brisk walk around the block (and grab the kids too), even 15 minutes can increase serotonin levels, vitamin D levels and increase circulation.
- Keep snacks in your car or at your desk. More often than not, overeating is from not keeping consistent blood sugar level throughout the day. A bag of nuts and dried fruits is a great snack food to keep at your desk, (walnuts and cranberries are great as brain food). Tip: Low sugar and high protein keeps away hunger pains and prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Relax! It is important to purposely take some time to relax, focus on self and breathe. Massage is always a great way to naturally increase serotonin levels while increasing circulation.
SEE YOU IN 2016!